I heard this song on the car radio this morning, and it reminded me that this is one of my all-time favourite music videos: Our Lady Peace – Life.
This is the original Canadian version, not the sanitized US version some of you may have seen, where the best scenes were cut (if you want to compare, here is the US version). Too real for delicate American sensibilities I guess 8^}.
This video always moves me. I think it taps into the sense of alienation that many youths go through. It reminds me how I felt at that age, especially the skater boy (though I wasn’t a skater boy, and no one offered me a hand up).
My favourite lines are:
How many times have you wished you were strong?
Have they ever seen your heart?
Have they ever seen your pain?
That says so much.
What do you think?
- Our Lady Peace Inspired by Former Boxer George Chuvalo on New Curve Album (spinner.com)
- Our Lady Peace… Part 50: going down memory lane. (louizette.wordpress.com)
- Raine Maida: The Sexiest Man In Rock Music? (deberelene.wordpress.com)
- ALBUM REVIEW: Our Lady Peace – “Curve” (hearhearmusic.com)
- Keep a Candle Burning (laviniathompsonauthor.wordpress.com)